Bristol fire crews had their hands full Tuesday afternoon responding to two residential fires less than half a mile apart.

Firefighters responded to Verdant Road around 3 p.m. after a passerby noticed a fire originating from the outside. The good Samaritan notified the home owner who was able to get out before it became too dangerous.

The smoke and fire traveled up and heavily damaged the attic. The rest of the home has extensive smoke and water damage throughout. It took 30 minutes to bring the blaze under control. The Bristol Township Fire Dept Newportville Fire Company, and Levittown-Fairless Hills Rescue Squad responded to just this case.

The Orangewood Park Apartments Leasing Center.

Then about 4 hours later, the some of the same crews headed to the Orangewood Park Apartments on Elizabeth Lane. The complex sits just on the other side of Mill Creek Lane.

A resident reported the fire occurring in a corner room on the second floor of the Leasing Center. Fire Marshal Kevin Dippolito determined overheated oil started the stove top fire.

First responders contained the blaze to the stove top and the surrounding cabinets. However, the apartment is uninhabitable as there is heavy smoke damage and water damage spread to the office below.

Thanks to an effective response by emergency personnel, there were no injuries in either fire. The William Penn Fire Company responded to just this blaze.

Meanwhile, the Edgely, Third District, Levittown #2, and Levittown #1 fire companies responded to both incidents.