The work continues in Bucks County as several projects remain on the docket. More curbs accessible to those protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act are being installed, while work in Bensalem and on I-95/I-295 proceeds.
These updates will contain information pertaining to the week ahead, while more general details are available here. Any motorists with a commute or drive planned through these areas should anticipate varying delays and factor them into their schedule. All work is dependent on suitable weather.
Scudder Falls Bridge:
A section of River Road in Lower Makefield will be closed from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday and Tuesday this week. With the exception of local traffic, all motorists must take the detour of River Rd (Delaware Ave) to Afton Ave to North Main St/Taylorsville Rd to Woodside Rd.
These intersections will see lane closures throughout the week as new curbs are installed.
- Route 413 and Route 532 in Newtown Township;
- Route 413 and Newtown Langhorne Road in Newtown Township;
- Route 532 and Route 532 in Newtown Township;
- Main Street and Afton Avenue in Yardley Borough;
- Main Street and Letchworth Avenue in Yardley Borough;
- Main Street and Reading Avenue in Yardley Borough;
- Mirror Lake Road and Yardley Langhorne Road in Lower Makefield Township;
- Stony Hill Road and Cardinal Drive in Lower Makefield Township;
- Big Oak Road and Makefield Road in Lower Makefield Township.
Motorists driving through the Route 1/Street Road interchange may feel deja vu this week, though the project is slightly different.
While last week’s construction closed the right lanes in this area, this week’s work will close the left lanes from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. weekdays. Workers will be installing a temporary barrier.
- U.S. 1 between Old Lincoln Highway and Rockhill Drive;
- Route 132 between Kingston Way and Old Lincoln Highway.
Double lane closures are set weekdays from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. on a six mile section of highway on northbound Interstate 95 and eastbound Interstate 295. The closures begin at the Route 413 interchange in Bristol and end at the Route 63 interchange in Bensalem.
The single lane and shoulder closures on northbound and southbound I-95 between the Academy Road and Pennsylvania Turnpike interchanges will also be in effect this week as guide rail installation continues.