The Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program returns this month through November to assist low-income seniors have access to healthy foods.
Vouchers are granted to eligible seniors to purchase produce grown in Pennsylvania at participating farmer’s markets in Bucks County. A senior is anyone who will be 60-years-old by the end of 2018.
The income limit for single senior is $22,459, while the ceiling for couples is $30,451. The coupons are valued at $5 each. A single senior receives $20 worth of coupons and couples receive $40.
The application process for obtaining vouchers at senior centers opens on June 22. Anyone who is not affiliated with a senior center can apply with the Bucks County Area Agency on Aging at 267-880-5700.
The list of local farmer’s markets is below.
- Bristol Amish Market LLC, 498 Green Lane, Bristol
- Charlann Farms FS, 586 Stony Hill Road, Yardley
- Fairless Hills Produce Center, 636 Lincoln Highway, Fairless Hills
- Lower Makefield, Edgewood and Heacock roads, Yardley
- Milk House Farm Market, 1118 Slack Road, Newtown
- Shady Brook Farm Market, 931 Stony Hill Road, Yardley
- Snipes Farm & Education Center, 890 West Bridge St., Morrisville
- Styer Orchard Inc., 97 Styers Lane, Langhorne
- The Market at Styer Orchards, 1121 Woodbourne Road, Langhorne
- Yardley Farmers Market, Buttonwood Park & South Main Street, Yardley