Thirteen Pennsbury High School students will receive Lendo Fellowship awards to help them fund their academic and extra-curricular passions.
The Lendo Fellowship, celebrating its 11th anniversary this year, was established in 2007 by generous Pennsbury ’64 alum, Arthur J. Lendo, Ph.D.
A student scholar, athlete, and leader at Pennsbury High School in the 1960s, Dr. Lendo started the Fellowship as a way to help students pursue their own passions and to give back to the community that raised him.
Dr. Lendo is the only Pennsbury graduate to endow a fund to support Pennsbury High School students in their academic and co-curricular pursuits.
More information about Dr. Lendo and the fellowship program can be found at:
The students, listed below, were selected and approved by the Board of the Pennsbury Education Foundation, which oversees the endowment.
Selected students and their programs are:
· Pranav Chivukula, 11th grade, Robotics Summer Camp, The College of New Jersey
· Priya Deliwala, 10th grade, Engineering Summer Academy, University of Pennsylvania; and Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Program, Albright College
· Rahil Dixit, 11th grade, Bucknell Academy Summer Experience, Bucknell University
· Noah Erdogan, 10th grade, Toxicology Health and Environmental Disease, Rutgers University
· Brandon Ferraro, 11th grade, Drexel Materials Science and Engineering Summer Institute, Drexel University
· Erika Hansen, 10th grade, Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Program, Albright College
· Jaiesh Madaka, 11th grade, Drexel Materials Science and Engineering Summer Institute, Drexel University
· Sutirth Mannikeri, 10th grade, Drexel Materials Science and Engineering Summer Institute, Drexel University
· Justin Massielo, 11th grade, All Star Baseball Academy: The Top 100 Mid-Atlantic Showcase
· Derek Quinn, 9th grade, Summer Challenge: Chemistry of Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Boston University
· Maya Sajnani, 11th grade, German Language by Humboldt Institute, Munich, Germany
· Josie Stephens, 10th grade, Spanish Language and Culture Summer Program, Seville Spain
· Catherine Young, 11th grade, Career Explorations: Baking and Pastry Arts, Johnson & Wales University
WBCB’s Jonny Hart contributed to this report.