With the Thanksgiving holiday passed, road work must continue on the streets throughout Lower Bucks County. PennDOT has announced several projects throughout the region requiring lane closures this week.
First, work continues on Route 1 in Bensalem overnight as lane closures should be expected from 8:00 p.m. until 6 a.m. this week. The project will temporarily widen the stretch of highway for more construction in 2019.
Second, curb ramps compatible with the Americans with Disabilities Act will be installed for 18 intersections throughout the county. The project will close lanes at the following intersections from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. this week:
- 3 (Newtown Bypass) and Route 532 (Durham Road) in Newtown Township;
- Route 532 (Durham Road) and Route 532 (Sycamore Street/ Washington Crossing) in Newtown Township;
- Big Oak Road and Makefield Road in Lower Makefield Township;
- Pennsylvania Avenue and Union Street in Morrisville Borough;
- Big Oak Road and Trenton Avenue in Falls Township; and
- Trenton Avenue and Plaza Boulevard in Falls Township.
Additional intersections scheduled for ADA curb ramp installation include:
- Route 413 (Newtown Bypass) and Newtown Langhorne Road in Newtown Township;
- Route 513 (Bellevue Avenue) and Route 413 (Durham Road/Legrande Avenue) in Penndel Borough;
- Route 513 (Bellevue Avenue) and Lincoln Highway in Penndel Borough;
- Main Street and Reading Avenue in Yardley Borough;
- Main Street and Letchworth Avenue in Yardley Borough;
- Main Street and Afton Avenue in Yardley Borough;
- Mirror Lake Road and Yardley Langhorne Road in Lower Makefield Township; and
- Stony Hill Road and Cardinal Drive in Lower Makefield Township.