Habitat for Humanity of Bucks County is taking advantage of spring cleaning and is offering to pick up items people no longer want. The program is called Habitat Bucks ReStores and makes one person’s trash another person’s treasure.
Operating out of Chalfont and Langhorne, ReStores encourages homeowners and businesses to donate a wide variety of appliances, furniture, and home décor instead of sending them to a landfill. Event coordinators and property managers are also able to schedule pickups for large groups.
Among some of the items you can donate:
- Stoves, ovens, ranges, microwaves, small appliances, refrigerators, freezers, washing machines and clothes dryers
- Wood furniture, tables, sideboards, bookcases, sofas, chairs, desks, patio and outdoor furniture
- Antiques and collectibles, china, glasses, decorative pillows, candleholders, vases, crystal, framed art and picture frames
- Ceiling lights, pendant lights, wall mount lights, exterior lights, table and floor lamps
- Bathroom vanities, medicine cabinets, sinks, toilets, shower stalls
- Area rugs, hardwood, vinyl and ceramic flooring
- Outdoor furniture, lawn and garden tools, lawn mowers, power tools and hand tools
Last year, the Habitat Bucks ReStore program collected almost 2.5 million pounds of material which went towards helping the Habitat Bucks mission instead of a landfill.
Anyone interested in scheduling a ReStore truck to pick up their donations can call (215) 822-2708 x 1, or go online to Habitatbucks.org/ReStore. A full list of items anyone can donate is available on the website as well.