Motorists can expect lane closures throughout Lower Bucks each weekday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. this week. Crews will be working on several intersections throughout Lower Bucks this week to install curbs compatible with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Workers will move to different locations throughout the week depending on progress. Intersections on the schedule include:
- Big Oak Road and Trenton Avenue in Falls Township;
- Trenton Avenue and Plaza Boulevard in Falls Township;
- Mirror Lake Road and Yardley Langhorne Road in Lower Makefield Township;
- Pennsylvania Avenue and Union Street in Morrisville Borough;
- Stony Hill Road and Cardinal Drive in Lower Makefield Township;
- Route 413 (Newtown Bypass) and Route 532 (Durham Road) in Newtown Township;
- Route 413 (Newtown Bypass) and Newtown Langhorne Road in Newtown Township.
A Warminster company, L.C. Costa Contractors, Inc., is handling the $711,453 project. The entire endeavor is paid for using state funds.
Meanwhile, motorists can expect lane closures Tuesday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on I-95. The work will take place between Academy Road/Linden Avenue and Route 213.
Highway workers will also begin milling operations on U.S. 1 (Lincoln Highway) this week to repair 44 miles of road surfaces. The project will last about a month, until Jul. 20, and will require overnight lane closures on weekdays from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- U.S. 1 (Lincoln Highway) between Durham Road and Flowers Mill Road in Middletown Township; and
- U.S. 1 (Lincoln Highway) between Neshaminy Street and Bucks Town Road in Middletown Township and Penndel Borough.