The residents of a home in Bristol Township are safe after a cigarette started a nighttime house fire.

First responders from nine fire companies responded to the scene of the blaze on the 900 block of Emily Ave. At around 11:30 p.m. Friday evening, they found the back porch up in flames, according to Fire Marshal Kevin Dippolito.

Dippolito investigated the scene and determined a discarded cigarette in a cardboard box. Fortunately, a neighbor spotted the flames and called 911.

While the residents were home at the time, there were no injuries.

Dippolito also noted this fire occurred at the same time as another fire in the Keystone Industrial Park involving a bathroom exhaust fan.