The Caron Foundation is designed for parents and caregivers of children in middle and high school. Professionals in the field of addiction treatment facilitate the program. The program will follow Pennsbury’s ultimate goal of,
De-stigmatizing issues of addiction and mental health through education, assessment, and intervention.
The program has five main objectives:
- Provide information on the effects and consequences of gateway drugs and other drug trends.
- Empower parents with effectives communication skills when talking with their children about alcohol, tobacco and other drug use.
- Review the importance of establishing clear rules and consequences at home regarding substance use.
- Evaluate resiliency factors that help protect kids from substance use
- Provide local resources should parents require addiction support.
For further details call 800-678-2332 ext. 6117, or visit Caron Foundation online at www.CarsonSAP.org.