The Bensalem Council has authorized a plan to upgrade a series of traffic lights at intersections along Hulmeville Road.
As part of the Green Light Go Program, Bensalem will cover twenty percent of the cost while Pennsylvania will pay for the remaining 80 percent. The council did not discuss an exact price.
“All of the township’s traffic signals at various intersections will be programmed to speak to one another,” said Solicitor Joseph Pizzo. “They will identify the amount of traffic that is going through or stacking at the intersection and begin to make adjustments accordingly to help improve the flow of traffic.”
The council voted unanimously to approve the measure. Mayor Joe DiGirolamo expects work to begin this summer. In total, the plan targets eight main intersections, listed below.
From South to North:
- Hulmeville Road and Park Avenue
- Hulmeville Road and Byberry Road
- Hulmeville Road and Galloway Road
- Hulmeville Road and Bensalem High School North Driveway & Joshua Drive
- Hulmeville Road and Mechanicsville Road
- Hulmeville Road and Gibson Road
- Hulmeville Road and Bristol Road
- 2025 Bristol Road, Pasqualone Boulevard & Shopping Center Access